Oct 2019 – Present
Principal UX Designer
- Part of the leadership team, focusing on embedding a ‘Know Your Customer’ strategy with the company.
- Defining core user personas, setting up a user testing function andembedding core UX metrics into the business.
- Working in a dual track agile format with the engineers to ensureexperiences are iterated and built at the right time.
- Leading a number of redesign projects around key areas of the website and CRM.
Jun 2019 – Oct 2019
Principal UX Designer
- Hands on approach, working on a number of external and internal UX/design projects.
- Facilitated workshops and Design hacks.
- Acted as a solid mentor for junior designers.
Aug 2018 – Jun 2019
Product Design Manager
- Helped shape the design system team ( 6 in total), who serviced multiple engineering squads with fully documented components via Goco’s latest style guide.
- Led the overall design vision using OKR’s to drive team performance and ensure high quality.
- Provided support and mentoring to in-house designers, front-endengineers and contractors.
Aug 2017 – Aug 2018
Senior Product Designer (UX)
- UX/ tech lead for the optimization guild, responsible for planningand building tests as well as visualizing and demonstrating learnings.
- Lead designer for the Motor tribe, responsible for the user experience of our biggest insurance product, car insurance.
- Experience ranged from leading large impactful redesign projectsthrough to small feature based projects and data-driven tests.
Aug 2014 – Aug 2017
Product Designer (UX)
Jul 2013 – Aug 2014
Front End Developer
October 2018 - Present
A subscription box service that delivers Vapour liquids, coils and more to your door.
October 2016 - Sept 2017
On the side, I currently worked with a small number of start-ups to help shape their product experience. Projects include designing web portals, native apps, and websites.
Courses and Education
- User - Centred Analysis and Conceptual Design ,Human Factors International
- Practical Usability Testing ,Human Factors International
- Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO 1)
- Scrum.org Level 4 Professional Development Award in Project Management,City and Guilds
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science - 2:1
- Swansea University A-Levels - Art
- Adobe Suite
- Usability testing
- Remote/In Person User testing ( via usertesting.com )
- A/B test creation + analysis ( via Optimizely)